We're happy to introduce the Code of Conduct that will now apply to all #GodotEngine community platforms, for users and contributors alike.
We've been blessed with a well-behaved community so far, but it's time to write down our values and expectations.
Thoughts from rewatching The Great Hack (cambridge analytica, uspol old),
- CA had way less data than it was made to seem. They were using statistical sampling techniques wisely. Compared to the big players in perception bubble manipulation, they were an opportunistic minnow.
- A minnow sufficed to change the course of global history. Check that list of campaigns they were involved with again. The only difference between them and the big players is that old money directed them to choose a side.
- Right now the algorithms run the big fish, and they don't seem to care about anything other than sucking your brainmeat out your eyeballs. But injecting a desire into an AI is very, very simple. We have no idea who will make them want what tomorrow.
- The only people who can become whistleblowers are by definition those who were fool enough to work for the other side at one time. Stop demanding saints and stop canonizing them after the fact.
- No matter how well they can model you, as creepy as that is, you can only be manipulated directly if they have access to your perception. Access de-f•••ing-nied. This is the ghosthack; and this is why we fediverse.
#Syncthing // Sync Your Things
Psychedelic Warlord bailed on the 2020 election.
My halloween spook story: I sit down to read on our Kindle....... BUT THE BATTERY IS DEAD!!! ooooooooh 🧟
More than I expected actually.
Also purging the remote media cache. Maybe cut down on my AWS bill...
(all $2.50 of it per month... yikes)
(Never have to lose my baby in the crowd.
I should be laughing right now.)
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!